According to the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC), dark roofs can reach temperatures up to 80 degrees hotter than cool, white, reflective roofs. What does that heat do? It can increase stress to the entire roof, shorten your roof’s life, increase the burden to your HVAC system, raise your building’s internal temperature, increase air pollution, and more!
Ready Roofing’s cool roof systems deliver when it comes to energy efficiency and cost savings. We provide a variety of cool roof restoration systems, also called roof coatings, that can take virtually any roof and turn it into an efficient, reflective, cool roof. Call us today at (919) 807-1361 to learn more!
Superior Performance With Roof Coatings
A cool roof is essentially one that has had a roof coating applied to it. A roof coating is a liquid-applied layer of protection that is designed to reinforce your existing roof and add years to its life. Ready Roofing carries a wide variety of roof coatings that can be applied to virtually any roof system: flat, single-ply, TPO, PVC, EPDM (rubber), metal, spray foam, and more!
Read on to learn more about the individual benefits Ready Roofing’s roof coatings can provide, no matter what type of roof you have, big or small:
Increase UV Protection
When you think about factors that can deteriorate your roof, the sun is usually last on your list. However, your roof’s daily exposure to the heat and light of the sun plays a major role in how quickly it may break down. As the ultraviolet light and heat takes a toll, your roof’s appearance and performance can suffer. A roof coating from Ready Roofing can add years to the life of your roof and slow deterioration in a few ways:
- Reflects up to 85% of the sun
- Reduces rooftop temperatures by as much as 80 degrees F
Cool roof coatings reinforce your roof’s resilience to water. If your current roof is susceptible to moisture bubbles, seepage, leaks, or other forms of water penetration, a roof coating can create a seamless barrier between the elements and the uppermost layers of your roofing material.
The experts at Ready Roofing can guide you to the roof coating best suited to your particular roof system.
A roof that has had a coating applied has several financial advantages over those that do not:
- On average, utility bills that are 30-50% lower than non-coated roofs
- More favorable life cycle costs for heating and cooling equipment
- A roof coating, on average, can extend your roof’s life by 10-15 years, but pays for itself in energy savings within 5-7 years. That’s a return on investment!
- Roof coatings from Ready Roofing are ENERGY STAR rated, so they may qualify for tax breaks and rebates.
- Cool roof coatings reduce the frequency of repairs, again, saving money.
- Roof restoration using a coating system can save you 50-70% compared to a roof tear-off and replacement.
A cool roof coating from Ready Roofing is a cost-effective way to get the most out of your commercial roof. If your building would benefit from the extra protection and durability our roof coatings can offer, call us today at (919) 807-1361. We can inspect your roof to see if it’s a good candidate for roof restoration, install your new cool roof system, and provide long-term maintenance for years to come!