Ready Roofing is North Carolina’s #1 commercial roofing contractor of choice when it comes to spray polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing. Our roofers have more than 40 years of combined experience inspecting, maintaining, repairing, restoring, and installing spray foam roofs.
Spray foam is a highly unique, fluid-applied roofing system that expands upon application 20-30 times to create a durable, efficient, long-lasting, insulating, reinforcing barrier to the elements. If you are located in or near Raleigh, North Carolina, give the spray foam roofing experts at Ready Roofing a call today at (919) 807-1361.
Advantages of Spray Foam Roofing
The benefits of SPF roofing are many, which is why it has fast become one of the most popular roofing systems for commercial and industrial facilities. Here are just a few of the advantages it offers:
- Energy Efficiency – Spray foam provides the highest R-value per inch of any roof system. At R-6.5 per inch, the average spray foam roof can yield enough in energy savings to pay for itself in just 5 years. Many SPF roofs also qualify for ENERGY STAR ratings.
- Waterproofing – SPF roofs are continuous, solid, monolithic surfaces, eliminating the weakest and most vulnerable areas of the roof – seams. The foam expands to flawlessly surround rooftop components like pipes and vents, leaving no room for gaps or water penetration. Leaks will only occur if damages penetrate the entire thickness of the foam.
- Durability – Contrary to popular belief, spray foam is extremely durable, and can even be walked on (with care). It is a strong, yet elastic material that can expand and contract without cracking or splitting as temperatures fluctuate.
- Environmentally Friendly – Spray foam roofing can be applied over most existing roof, reducing waste and keeping materials out of landfills. The materials used to create SPF have zero ozone-depleting potential, ultralow global warming potential, are low-VOC emitting, and are free from CFCs.
Your #1 Spray Foam Installation Experts
The Ready Roofing team of contractors has been factory trained and certified to install SPF roofing in a variety of situations, including new builds, roof tear-offs and replacement, and roof overlays. If your existing roof is in stable condition, spray foam can be applied directly on top of it. In other cases, the current roofing system must be removed to allow the spray foam to adhere properly. One of our roofing technicians can assess your roof and let you know what your options are.
Here is a brief overview of our SPF roof installation process:
- The existing roof or substrate is prepared in one of two ways: 1) Remove and dispose of the old roofing system, or 2) Clean the surface thoroughly by sweeping, washing, or vacuuming, and make any needed repairs.
- Apply a high-density spray polyurethane foam mixture, which is created by combining two liquid chemicals in a special spray gun that then extrudes it onto the roof.
- Allow the expanded foam to cure, forming a solid, seamless surface of 1- to 1½-inch thickness.
- Coat the spray foam with a layer of elastomeric coating with embedded granules to protect the roof.
Spray foam adheres well to a variety of surfaces, including flat slope roofs, spray foam roofs, rubber roofs, plywood roof deck, metal, concrete, tar and gravel (built-up) roofs, single-ply, torch-down, and more!
North Carolina’s Spray Foam Specialists
Spray polyurethane foam is a proven, cost-effective way to upgrade your existing commercial roof, and no one does it better than Raleigh’s Ready Roofing. As North Carolina’s #1 provider of high-quality SPF roof installations, repairs, and more, we look forward to helping make your spray foam roofing dreams come true.
Call us today at (919) 807-1361 to speak with us about how we can make your roof more efficient with the application of a spray foam coating or how we can help rejuvenate your existing spray foam roof!